This guide will help you log into Semana for the first time and configure your account.
- 1. Logging in.
- 2. Home.
- 3. First booking in Semana.
- 4. Calendar navigation.
- 5. The Floor Plan display.
- 6. User preferences.
1. Log in.
- Go to https://app.semana.io/
- You can sign in with Google ("Sign in with Google") or Microsoft ("Sign in with Microsoft") if your company's email is provided by one of these two services.
- You can also create your own password and log in with your company email address ("Sign in with email").
If you're not sure which log-in method your company has chosen, please contact our help center.
1.1 Forgot your password?
If you can't remember your Semana password, click on "Sign in with email".
Click on "Troubles signing in". You will be asked to enter your email address.
An email has been sent to you. Check your inbox to see if you've received an email from us asking you to create a new password.
Once you've logged into the tool, you'll be taken to the Semana Home page.
On this page, you can view your profile information:
- Your community
- Your manager
- Your groups
You can also add favorites from the home page.
Favorites are collaborators or communities whose bookings you wish to see in Semana.
To add a favorite, simply enter its name by clicking on Favorite.
Alternatively, go to Preferences then My Favorites. You'll then have access to a window where you can add collaborators and communities.
If you don't have any favorites, you can also enter them in the Calendar section.
3. First booking in Semana.
You can make your reservations in Semana from a calendar available on three tabs: Home, Calendar and Plan.
From these three tabs, by clicking on the +, you can choose between several statuses.
By default, three statuses are available, but other statuses may have been configured by an account administrator:
Before making your first office reservation, we strongly advise you to define your favorite office(s) in advance.
Simply go to Plan and select the office of your choice. This will open a window on the right-hand side of your screen.
Click on Preferred resource and a small star will appear over it. This is now your favorite office. Every time you book an office from a calendar, your favorite resource will be used, provided it's available.
You can set a status for the whole day or just half a day.
To cancel a choice, click a second time on the chosen icon to deactivate it.
- You can neither book in the past nor too far into the future.
- Administrators can set booking limits to reflect company policies on remote working (e.g. maximum 3 days per week in the office, or maximum 3 days per week working remotely).
- An office with a locker is an office assigned to one or more collaborators or deactivated; you cannot make reservations on it.
4. Calendar navigation.
On the Calendar, you can view your reservations as well as those of your favorite collaborators or collaborators located in your search bar.
This view can be presented in two different ways: either by Status or by People.
In Status view, you'll see your favorites grouped by type of reservation.
For example, all your favorites doing remote will be grouped together. If you have several floors in your office, your colleagues will be grouped by floor.
In People view, you can view the reservations of your favorites in a linear fashion.
5. The Floor Plan display.
When you reserve an office from a calendar, you have access to two tabs Status or People, you will be assigned to an office by our algorithm. You can click on the floor name below your reservation to see where the algorithm has placed you among the available offices.
You can change desks if the one you've been assigned doesn't suit you. The algorithm will learn your favorite offices and automatically assign you one of them next time!
From the Plan tab:
- Make your reservation:
- Move to the floor of your choice by clicking on the menu on the left (available if your company has more than one floor).
- You can choose the date and click on any available office on the floor plan, then click on Reserve. This way, you're sure to choose the office you want.
- Modify a reservation :
- You can locate yourself directly on the Floor Plan tab. To do so, click on the name of the office that appears in the calendar above the floor plan.
- Drag your avatar to another available seat.
- Click on another available seat and you'll be asked if you want to change seats.
- Delete a reservation :
- Click a second time on the icon representing your choice.
To navigate between the different plans, there's a modal at the top left of your plan. By clicking on it, you'll have access to a list of all the floor plans available in your space. You'll also find the utilization of each floor, i.e. the number of reserved spaces out of the total number of spaces.
6. User preferences.
In addition to your favorites, you can also set your user preferences. To do this, select the Preferences tab. You will then have access to :
- My Account
- My typical week
- My Favorites
From your account, you can choose a profile photo. Please note that if you have chosen to log in via a Google or Microsoft SSO, your default profile photo will be that of your Google or Microsoft account.
You can also change the language of Semana from the list of available languages:
- English 🇺🇸
- French 🇫🇷
- German 🇩🇪
- Spanish 🇪🇸
- Italian 🇮🇹
Finally, you can enter your time zone.
The Weekly Preferences menu allows you to automate your bookings in Semana. Please note that if this menu does not appear in your preferences, this means that the option is deactivated on your space.
For more informations on the weekly preferences : My Weekly Preferences
Finally, you can edit your favorites from your preferences.
Here is a video tutorial that sums up everything you can find in this article : Video Tutorial